I rented an Event in a Box. What do I get?
The Large box is ideal for events with up to 500 attendees and includes:
- 4 iPads (2017 model) 32GB with protective zipper cases
- 4 iPad stand-up kiosks
- 4 iPad chargers (lightning cable + 12w power cube)
- 2 Zebra GK420d direct thermal desktop printers
- 2 printer power supply
- 1 Cradlepoint AER1600 router
- 1 router power adapter
- 1 SIM card with 3GB data credit
- 2 Ethernet cables
- Direct thermal, non-adhesive badge stock: a choice between 1000 single-sided 4″ W x 3″ H badges or 500 double-sided 4″ x 3″ badges (4″ x 6″ badge stock with a perforation at every 3″)
- Box dimensions: 24 x 21 x 17, 41 lbs
- Event in a Box Quick Setup Guide
- Setting Up Your iPad, Zebra Printer, and On Arrival App to Use with a Rented Event in a Box
- We are signed up for On Arrival Premium. Kiosk mode is turned on so attendee can search for their name using one of the four ipads included with EIAB. They will automatically be checked in and their badge printed. Reports can be run.
- About OnArrival Premim
- Onsite Badge Printing – Got more than 500 attendees? You’ll need to go with OnArrival 360.
- Kiosk Mode – Have attendees check themselves by turning the app into a self-serve station.
- Photo Collection – Take photos of attendees as they check in, then use that photo on their badge or with photo identification in OnArrival.
- Session Tracking – Better control who gets in the door for that high-demand breakout.
- Signature Collection – Get an autograph with each check-in.
- SMS Alerts – Get a text when someone checks in or send one to an attendee’s device.
- Onsite Terms & Conditions – Add fine print directly to the onsite check-in process with OnArrival Kiosk Mode.
However, some features are not yet available for OnArrival Android. If you need to use any of these features in the meantime, you’ll need to use OnArrival for iOS instead.
- There is the option of adding a QR code to their registration confirmation to sign in by scanning code instead of looking for their name. A new confirmation page can be sent out to those already registered which will have the QR code and all registrations going forward will have the QR code on their confirmation page. This will require the confirmation page being handy but if not they can look up their name. (My thought is this could slow down the checkin process. Searching for their name would be quicker than fumbling around in their backpack for their confirmation page.)
- Teaching Your Onsite Staff to Use OnArrival
- Setting Up the OnArrival App
- Using Kiosk Mode with OnArrival Premium
- Using OnArrival Onsite
- Returning Event in a Box
If you would like further information on any of these FAQ’s, or if you have questions not covered here, please let me know and I will research and add documents to the website.