Extended abstracts of the papers presented at the 2017 International Conference on Compound Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology will be included in both a printed Technical Digest and an online web-based electronic Technical Digest. This kit will assist you in the preparation of your presentation and extended abstract (Final Paper). Download PDF version of Author’s Kit
A. QUICK LINKS
- Use the “Extended Abstract Formatting Template” and ensure your extended abstract is properly formatted (Extended Abstract Formatting Template). Extended abstracts will be printed on 8 ½ x 11 inch paper (US letter format), please set your page format accordingly. Your cooperation will help in maintaining high quality and uniformity in the final printed and online web-based electronic versions of the Technical Digest.
- Fill-out the Copyright Release Form and e-mail a scanned copy of the completed release form to your Session Chair(s).
- An electronic copy of the final edited version of your extended abstract is required for the preparation of both the printed and online web-based electronic versions of the extended abstract. Please e-mail this to your Session Chair(s) at his or her e-email address. Please send it in both Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and Microsoft Word (.doc) formats, if possible, but the Microsoft Word (.doc) format is required.
Use the above checklist to ensure everything is complete and on-schedule. Extended abstracts must be submitted to your Session Chair(s) by February 6, 2017 for reviewing and editing.
Also, limited financial assistance is available for student presenters. Please see details on our Students Support page.
Following the guidelines below will help in maintaining high quality and uniformity in the final printed and online web-based electronic Technical Digest. The Technical Digest of the CS ManTech Conference will be created from the files sent by the authors, on 8 ½ x 11 inch (US letter) paper.
- Your paper must be written in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling.
- Manuscripts should be formatted in US letter size (8 ½ x 11 inch). Please use the US letter format when creating your file
- Manuscripts should be single-spaced, with a double-space between paragraphs and a five-space paragraph indentation. Allow an extra half-space above a line containing superscripts and an extra half-space below a line containing subscripts.
- The paper should include:
Author’s name(s), affiliation, present address, email address, and phone number
- References should be indicated in the text by a number in square brackets. References should be numbered in the order cited in the manuscript.
- Diagrams and photographs must be of high quality and be electronically inserted in the manuscript. Diagrams and lettering must be computer-designed.
- At the end of your paper provide a list of acronyms used in the text. Separate the acronym from the explanation by a colon and two spaces as shown below:
HBT: Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
TDMA: Time Division Multiple Access
- Do not number the pages.
- For details about formatting your manuscript correctly, see Extended Abstract Formatting Instructions.
- The Technical Digest will be available in 2 forms – printed, black & white and online web-based, full-color. NOTE: All illustrations, drawings, photos, plots, etc. must be submitted in high-resolution, full color.
- All pictures and figures (line drawings, graphs, charts, etc.) must be positioned at the desired locations within the extended abstract by the author.
- The online web-based electronic Technical Digest will be reproduced from the extended abstracts exactly as submitted. For the printed digest, the images will be electronically converted from color to gray-scale prior to printing.
- If your illustrations are prepared in color, please examine a gray-scale sample print of your finished extended abstract before submitting. Some details may be indistinct or completely invisible, depending on the original color. These should be corrected before the file is sent.
- Low contrast photographs (such as TEMs and some SEMs) often do no reproduce clearly. Try to enhance their contrast before submitting the extended abstract.
- Submit your extended abstract (maximum 4 pages) by e-email to your Session Chair(s) as two attachments:
One in .doc form (Microsoft WORD, Word 2000 or higher), required
One in .pdf (Acrobat Adobe)
NOTE: Late abstracts CANNOT be accepted due to publishing deadlines.
Should you have problems contacting your Session Chair(s), please contact the following for assistance:
Celicia Della-Morrow, 2016 Technical Program Chair (email@example.com)
Jansen Uyeda, 2016 Publications Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)